Society of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC)

The Society of the Missionaries of the Sacred Heart (MSC’s) is a Religious Congregation founded by Fr. Jules Chevalier at Issoudun, France in 1854.

The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart first came to Australia from France in 1885 in order to establish a supply base for their missions in New Guinea.

The Missionaries of the Sacred Heart have had a continuing ministry in Tasmania since December 1903.

The MSC’s are currently represented in Tasmania by Rev Fr Krish Mathavan MSC and Rev Fr Desmond Holm MSC Adm.

Related News