Advertising & Media Kit
Publication & Circulation
The Catholic Standard newspaper is a full colour publication, tabloid in size, and consists of 12 pages. It is published on a monthly schedule from February through to December. Printed copies are delivered to all geographical regions in Tasmania, and an online digital version of the newspaper is also available.
Printed copies of the Catholic Standard are delivered on a monthly basis to:
- Tasmania’s 38 Catholic Schools and Colleges.
- Tasmania’s 27 parishes, including 80 Mass centres.
- Southern Cross Care Independent Living & Residential Care
- Blueline Laundry, Tastex Knitwear and Uniforms, Vincent Industries, Bethlehem House.
- Calvary Health Care Hospitals in Lenah Valley, South Hobart, and Launceston.
- CatholicCare Tasmania offices in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie.
- Centacare Evolve Housing, Bridgewater
- St Joseph Affordable Homes, Hobart
- St Vincent de Paul offices in Hobart, Launceston, Devonport and Burnie
Display advertising is available in the Catholic Standard Newspaper. Press-ready PDF or JPEG files in high resolution are acceptable, or our in-house designer can produce your advertisement for a small fee. Advertisements appearing in the print edition also appear in the digital edition, at no additional cost.
In addition to display advertising, the Catholic Standard offers advertorial packages, and a magazine and brochure insertion service. Special rates are available to clients seeking multiple bookings.
The Catholic Standard digital edition offers advertisers a unique way to engage readers. The digital publishing platform seamlessly integrates display advertising and advertorial with supporting video and audio content, and links to campaign landing pages or websites.
- The content contained in advertisements and marketing collateral must align with industry codes of practice and applicable laws.
- Content must also align with the Archbishop’s vision for the Catholic Church in Tasmania.
- The Catholic Standard reserves the right to refuse advertising, promotional and marketing materials. Placement of advertising, promotional and marketing materials is at the discretion of the editorial committee.
- The Catholic Standard does not accept unsolicited editorial.
- Advertorials are accepted, but strict conditions apply. There is a maximum of one advertorial per issue.
- Election materials, or collateral representing political parties are not accepted.
- The Catholic Standard adheres to the Australian Association of National Advertisers codes and initiatives, industry codes of practice (marketing, journalism, graphic design, public relations), state legislation, and Commonwealth government regulations administered by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
- The Archdiocese of Hobart is committed to protecting your personal information, and ensuring its privacy, accuracy, and security. We handle your personal information in a responsible manner in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998, and the Australian Privacy Principles.