Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB)
The Salesians of Don Bosco (SDB) is an Institute of Clerical Religious founded in the nineteenth century by Italian Priest and educator, Saint John Bosco, and is dedicated to the service of the young, especially the disadvantaged and marginalized.
The Salesians of Don Bosco established themselves in Tasmania in 1945 when they were invited by Archbishop Tweedy to establish a boys’ orphanage and school at Glenorchy. Under Salesian leadership and care, a small boarding school was established in 1946 and expanded in 1956. In 1973, this school was amalgamated with St John’s Primary School and Holy Name School into one co-educational entity which became known as Dominic College.
Rev Fr Bernie Graham is the Rector representing the Salesians of Don Bosco.